Tuesday, June 20, 2006

And the LEGEND SHALL NEVER DIE!

Last night the Legend Family came together to mourn the loss of a truely magnificent and beautiful soul, Sensei Keyla Salgado, the First Legend Black Belt to die.

Not a wonderful accomplishment since she was so young and full of laughter, and so loved and will be so missed. All within a week she graduated college celebrated her 21st birthday and died.

Daughter to Sensei Dav and Shihan Carl Thomas and sister to us all we found it extremely difficult to say good-by for now.

The family never ended, the lines being so long into the street to pay last respects to their sensei.

Sensei Durkee drove 5 hours from Vermont dojo. Sensei Ariel flew in and Sensei Bismark called from Las Vegas.

Tears ran like great rivers from hardened Warriors at all our loss.
Great men and women who could fight a thousand men, broke down, and wept for this sensei who was so full of life and had so much further to go and give.

I have been touched so many times by so many passings of my peers and other grand masters,

By the loss of dear close family members from Joan and Frank Oliveri to Frenchy and Babes family members, and it NEVER gets easier

Frenchy said last night that this all was because of me, The Founder , that so many people came out to stand beside "Bones" on her journey.

I was deeply moved by that, but truth be said, It was because of Frenchy and Babe (I can still call them that) that the Legend never died, and all those people came as loyal, respectful students of theirs, and for that I thank everyone, and tell you all how proud I am to be one drop amongst your powerful stream.

I wrote this many years ago since I did not think I would live so long after the mad life I have had....

"If and when I pass away,
Tell no man where I've gone
For I am the LEGEND Here today,
and the Legend must live on and on and on"

Osu
Lenchus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home