Thursday, October 11, 2007

Honor. Respect. Discipline

Honor. Respect. Discipline.

The very basis of our Art and Society.

Here are a few stories all TRUE.

The other day I went to my old office to pay for my COBRA medical plan and the woman behind the reception desk STOOD upon recognizing me and STAYED STANDING as we talked

This is Karina , a Gold Medal Champion in fighting and forms, which I am very proud to call my student and a member of the Legend

Then there was this last week- end where a little girl was sick from Salmonella, and in the hospital.
She wished she could meet famous people to get their autographs.

I brought up Basketball players who are very good but not quiet famous, but know all the top people, and a Drummer who played with some of the best.

They made her day by taking pictures with her, and giving her an autographed Jersey

That was great

But so was the fact that when they came to me, Sensei Josh Durkee spent the day cleaning his dojo and bathroom for them to have a place to crash and shower.
Josh even drove them to Rutland Vermont the next day to spend the night at Holiday Inn
Josh is Legend

The manager of HolidayInn made available a large room for them and got them complimentary breakfast on a week- end
NO ROOMS were available
The manager is Tommy Pomfret..LEGEND

That night they went to a bar for some drinks and talking to the bartender they told him they were seeing me
The bartender stood tall and said I was his teacher. His name is Robert..LEGEND
The next day Chris Price, Justine Waggett, Dave Atwood and Ben Wall came over to help
ALL LEGEND

Rico Guy the Black Samurai, walked down a street with me in Florida, and as he passed some martial artists he stopped them and said, "Do you know who I am?" They said "Yes."
He said, " then show respect, and they bowed to him.

I was in a major National Contest in Arizona years back when I was asked by a young Black Belt to sit in a chair to act as a Judge.

Then in a few minutes he felt I should be replaced with someone more knowledgeable and asked my name so he could call me if needed.

I asked him "Who is that gentlemen?

He said" THAT is Grandmaster Thiry!!"

I said that "Isn't it funny. We both have the same first name...GRANDMASTER!"

Allan Fisher was in Ohio, and had a major conflict with the Promoter who was supposedly a 10th Dan
Allan Backed off and bowed to him, and said
"I bow to the Rank but not the man"
Allan is LEGEND

Last

Doctor David Gammon was in the hospital a few years back and everyone thought he was dying. His family was there as well as a Priest.
My wife and I came by to give support.
He was on all kinds of tubes and life support.
It was whispered that the Sensei entered the room and

DOCTOR DAVID GAMMON JUMPED OUT OF THAT HOSPITAL BED AND BOWED!!!
That is LEGEND

HONOR. RESPECT. DISCIPLINE

Some of us still live like Samurai and carry ourselves like warriors, Marines, Rangers, Special Forces, etc
You cannot be a little bit pregnant

It is what it is!

GM Rick Lenchus-Founder of The Legend



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home